Jill Johnson – Sylvania School Board
Jill Johnson has been a resident of Sylvania for over thirty years. She currently resides in Sylvania Township with her husband Dr. Larry Johnson, a licensed psychologist.
She has grandchildren attending Sylvania schools.
Jill is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, practicing for 20 years in Family Practice, a general Surgery Practice, and Oncology. She is recently retired from ProMedica, Hickman Cancer Center where she was the coordinator/developer of the Cancer Survivor Program.
She received her Master of Science in Nursing from The Medical College of Ohio At Toledo (aka UTMC).
Prior to that Jill received both a Master of Public Administration/Healthcare Administration and a Bachelor of Education (non-teaching) degree from the University of Toledo. She began her nursing career obtaining a Registered Nurse degree from the Toledo Hospital School of Nursing.
Some of her earlier career experience included leadership/management positions, school nursing, and Home Care Administration.
Jill is a Board Member for Sylvania Area Family Services (SAFS), and also is an active member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Sylvania.
Jill also serves as a volunteer for The Victory Center.
In my role as a member of Sylvania School Board, I believe I can make a difference by:
- Adding a medical presence/experience to the School Board with valid, researched-based knowledge.
- Address concerns requiring mask wearing and in-school education.
- Preserving classical education-developmentally appropriate, teaching fundamentals in all subjects to adequately prepare children for a successful future.
- Fiscal responsibility-appropriate allocation of district funds.
- Preserving honor and respect for this country through education.
Running for Sylvania School Board is an honor and civic duty, as well as a way to give back to my community!